Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Hi Tim! Thanks for the Warning!

Hi Tim,

I got your e-mail today "Warning: Before you go shopping on Black Friday."  Never fear.  I never shop on Black Friday.  Since the stock market is open that day, I have to work.  But that is not the real reason that I don't shop on Black Friday.  People in stores on that day can do some crazy and violent things.  I've heard of people getting in fights over merchandise, and even some accounts of gunfire.  Wow!  That's certainly not in the spirit of the holidays!  I've already checked out your list of Naughty or Nice chain stores and wrote about it here. So I'm informed on that topic already.

You did say
There are secular forces in our country that hate Christmas because the word itself is a reminder of Jesus Christ. They want to eradicate anything that reminds Americans of Christianity. That is why it is important to remind governments and companies to keep the word Christmas alive. AFA wants to keep Christ in Christmas and Christmas in America.
I'm not sure how many people "hate" Christmas, because it reminds them of Jesus Christ.  There's lots to remind people everyday of Jesus Christ:  Christian churches everywhere, crosses on necklaces, cemeteries with religious headstones, movies about angels; I could go on and one.  I'm not sure if these people who "hate" Christmas are in a "secular force."  If they are, it's a bit sad.  Getting in big arguments over semantics during the Christmas season seems to be in direct opposition to the entire idea of the celebration of the birth of Jesus, whether it's Christians or non-Christians making a big deal of it.  I don't argue over the real reason for the holiday myself.  Many non-Christians have chosen to celebrate Christmas Day by gathering with their families.  I believe that you and I would agree that any occasion where people are getting together with their families is a beautiful thing.

I did notice that you mentioned PetSmart again.  Again, I think you're giving them free advertising, buddy.  While your followers will not shop at the store, if this story gets picked up by the media, non-Christians may flock to the store to show their support for the store.  Just a guess.

On a different note:  on your e-mail, I did see your buttons that you are selling in your store.  They are very cute.  I hope you sell a lot of them.

Well, it's time for bed.  I ran three miles on the treadmill at the gym tonight, and I'm pooped.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow, Tim!

Yours in Christ,

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment