Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Hi Tim! Naughty or Nice

Hi Tim,

I got your e-mail today.  Good to hear from you.

The topic today was your "Naughty or Nice" list.  I just checked out the "Naughty" companies to see if I shop at any of these business.  Your list included the following "Naughty" establishments, and I'll make notes each of these companies:

Barnes & Noble - I sometimes shop here.  Since I'm a writer, from time to time, I visit their coffee bar to have a coffee and write.  I usually go to Starbucks instead, so I'll probably not go to Barnes & Noble this holiday season.
Family Dollar - I never shop here.  I understand they have great values, but their stores are kind of messy.  I'm a neat-freak when it comes to shopping in stores.
Foot Locker - I usually buy all my shoes at Academy or DSW.  No danger of my shopping there.
Limited Brands - Is this the clothing line?  I haven't researched the list, but if so, I think this business caters to a younger crowd.  I'm in my 50s and do most of my shopping at Banana Republic.  Pretty boring, yes, I know.  But I don't have to think a lot to shop there.  I'm kind of a lazy clothes shopper.
Maurice's - Not sure what this business is.  Like I said, I didn't research the list.  Since I don't know what this business is, I'm certain that I won't shop there.
Office Depot - My husband sometimes shops here, but he is an atheist.  I don't normally go with him shopping.  He doesn't like when I go.  I slow him down.  I get distracted easily.
Pet Smart - We do shop here, but infrequently.  I'm not sure whether or not I'll shop here during the holiday season.
Staples - I used to see these all the time when I lived in West Hollywood, CA.  But I haven't seen any here in Houston.  I do think there is a store or two in the area.  If we need office supplies, my husband goes to Office Depot, as I mentioned.
Supervalu - Again, I don't know what this business is about.
Victoria's Secret - There's absolutely no danger in my shopping here.  Trust me.  I don't even like going into one of their store.

You'll notice that I exclusively used the phrase "Holiday Season."  And since Christmas shopping nowadays starts way before Thanksgiving.  I'm just using that phrase to encompass both Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.  I'm not trying to be snarky.  I definitely use the phrase "Merry Christmas" with my Christian friends.  But, out of respect, I say "Happy Holidays" to my friends who are part of another faith.  I just think that's respectful.

I did want to tell you about a hilarious thing that happened today.  I was stopped at a traffic light, and there was a homeless man peddling.  Well, I'm making the assumption that he was homeless.  Anyway, being a good Christian, I dug in my truck's ashtray, where I keep small change.  I rolled down my window, and offered him the money, saying "It's only change."  The man dropped his hand and walked away.  I just shook my head and laughed a little.

Hope you had a great day today, Tim.  And a great day tomorrow.

Yours in Christ,


Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment