Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Hi Tim! Healing For Everyone

Hi Tim,
How are you?  I got your e-mail today, and it really hit home.  Looks like this Thursday, you will be simulcasting a presentation by a psalmist named Dennis Jernigan, who apparently has had a lifelong struggle with homosexuality.  Then he was healed through his relationship with Christ.
I had my own struggle with homosexuality, when I was a teen and a young adult.  I prayed and prayed for God to change me.  I felt lost and alone.  And then I realized that God made me just the way I am.  And I learned to love myself:  a gay Christian.  It was wonderful.
I realize that everyone cannot follow the path that I do.  I realize that some people believe that homosexuality is a sin.  I do not.  It’s just a part of me.  And that part doesn’t have to change for me to be a Christian.  That was the hardest lesson to learn.  I spent years away from the church, because I was treated like a leper, when my church family learned the truth about me, and subsequently, turned their back on me.
A couple of weeks ago, I came to a realization.  I can worship God.  I can be a part of a church family again.  There are many churches in my area that have predominately gay and lesbian congregations.  Many of these church speak to healing, which I guess is healing the relationships that gays and lesbians have with God.  I am going to check out a few in the coming weeks to see where I feel most comfortable worshiping.  Then I will choose my new church family.
I’m glad that Dennis Jernigan has found his way.  As I am glad that I found mine.
I hope that the simulcast will be a big success for both you and Dennis.  It’s important for everyone to express their beliefs.  I will be working during the time of the simulcast.  I would not listen anyway.  I do not believe that it would speak to me as a person, or as a Christian.
It’s always good to hear from you, Tim.
Yours in Christ,

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment