“Explain yourself.” You may have heard these words is an accusatory tone. You may have heard them shouted. You may have heard them from someone you hurt.
Me? I just heard them matter-of-factly from myself. So here we go … and I’ll try to keep it brief. If you do not need an explanation from me, you know that we are already in trouble. If you have read any of my essays, you know as well. If this essay is an introduction to me … RUN!
Just kidding … but I will try to keep this succinct. (I haven’t talked about my lengthy absence from writing… I’ll explain that later in another post).
- I am sentimental (I’m crazy in love with the perfect man).
- I am crazy (I’ve got the papers to prove it … so, there!).
- I am strong (I’ve been through the death of: twin sons [when I was 20] and mom [when 21]. It I could live through those, I can handle anything).
- I am smart (My dad – the smartest man I know – told me at my age of 18, “’Queer,’ you are smarter … more intelligent… than I’ll ever be.” … WOW).
- I’m fun (I sure have a lot of friends … I guess that I must entertain).
- I’m wise (really?...)
So, I’m sentimental, crazy, strong, smart, and fun. If you ask others in my life what I’m about, you might get helpful, manic, grumpy, sweet or furious. It’s all possible
A strangely narcissistic essay, but I was once told that if you could recognize it, it was only “narcissistic- tendancies.” Whew…
If this is an introduction, “Howdy!” If this is not an introduction, it’s just an explanation, “You're welcome.”
So I’ll stop … Brief? I don’t know. You decide.