Sunday, October 16, 2011

But what could I say...

I did say a few weeks back that I would try to post more often.  I didn't promise.  Who needs a promise from me?  I rarely say, "I promise...," anything.  That kind of sweeping statement can get a person in big trouble.  But I said I would try to check in on Sundays.

 So here we go (the best I can muster tonight).  Today, I...

  • Woke up early, around 6 AM.  (Since I became a year older a couple of weeks back, I guess I'm officially old.  I can't even sleep late on the weekends.  Even on Sunday mornings, when the night before I've watched all of Saturday Night Live - if I can stay awake that late.  This week SNL was somewhat good, but Drake wowed me with "Headlines."
  • Played "Oblivion" a couple of hours.  (Oblivion is an RPG - role-playing game - set in a land that is much like Europe in Medieval times.  Oblivion is a chapter of a larger game series called "The Elder Scrolls."  The next chapter in the series comes out in November.  I know that I'll be spending that weekend back home in Louisiana, playing the new game with The Awesome Son.  He's already told me that.  And I listen to The Awesome Son.)
  • Watched CBS Sunday Morning.  (A couple of interesting new pieces to start a soothing "news" day.  It's not exactly Glenn Beck.  Oh, it's the antithesis.  Coldplay was featured.  Chris Martin is cool.)
  • Enjoyed the breakfast that The Man cooked.
  • Napped.
  • Practiced the piano.
  • Showered.
  • Went to my piano lesson.
  • Returned home.
  • Dined with friends to celebrate my, a friend's (who happens to share my special day), and The Man's birthdays.  
  • Ate tofu.  (I went vegetarian this past week - Let's see how that goes...)
  • Visited our local grocery store for this week's shopping.  (As we approached the store, The Awesome Son called.  [Good...The Man volunteered to go shop, and] I - score! - was able to just hang outside and chat with The Awesome Son, who laughed his head off at some of my antics.  Let's just say that I gave The Man a racy but odd birthday gift...it involved a hole in a gift bag.  Enough said.)
  • Arrived home
  • Let dogs out
  • Unloaded groceries.
  • Cleaned the litter box.
  • Corralled the dogs back into the house (because they were whooping, barking, and hollering at something in the trees, in the dark.  Hell, I couldn't see what it was.  And the dogs were nuts.  It took a couple of minutes to break their attention and get them inside.)
  • Ironed my shirt for my runway appearance at the office tomorrow.  (Music courtesy of Mr. Springsteen "The Wild, The Innocent, and The E-Street Shuffle."  Good Stuff!)
  • Put brown rice on to cook.  (It amazes me how the rice cooker knows how much longer the brown rice needs than the white rice.  I'm so easily stumped.)
Now, I'm sitting here typing.
Dang, my life sounds a bit dull.  That's o.k.  I'm having a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment