Thursday, September 1, 2011

Where the Hell Have I Been??


I've been off the radar these past few weeks.  Just been quiet.  At least here.
 
Anyone who knows me in the world outside of this site would say:  “Jason?”  “Quiet?”  And then laugh uncontrollably.  (I would laugh with them.  I realize what a goofy chatterbox I can be.)  Oh, I’ve been my usual outgoing self:  clowning around to break heavy atmosphere, initiating conversations from little of nothing, offering advice when asked, calming stress-out friends with examples from my own crazy life.

So in the recent absence of posts, I can only say that I’ve been busy.

But as my mom would have said, “Well…that’s a good-enough excuse, Jason.  If you’re looking for one.”

Part of writing this blog is a responsibility to readers, regardless of who decides to visit: the responsibility to be there, to be there often, and to be there dependably.  The way a friend should.
 
Reading other blogs, I can get insight to the authors’ minds and can find commonality with the readers who leave comments.  Browsing through the comments often gives me a feeling of community, even while I’m sitting at the computer with only the dogs lying on the floor beside my chair.
 
A few times, I have left comments on the blogs I read.  A couple of times, people have visited my blog from links from those comments and have shared their thoughts and feelings with me on what I've written.  Each time someone takes the time to write, I feel more connected to the community.  Sometimes friendships grow from the dialogue.
 
The relationships formed over the web can have the greatest impact on your life.  It’s true.  Good example from my own life?  I met The Man on-line, five years ago.

All of this being said, I will try to post more frequently:  no promises, no challenges to myself, no backing down.  I will also try to write more from the heart and less from the head.  God help us.  I’m not sure what will come out. Regardless, it'll be sincere.  Should you like to check in, look for posts each Sunday; that would be your best bet.
 
I know do have a tendency to ramble on.  Kinda rude, huh?  We’re all busy here.  I’ll try to keep it brief when I can.  I don’t want to chew your ear off.  I can beat a subject to death; The Man and The Awesome Son call me on that all the time.  Feel free to do the same.  My feelings rarely get hurt; I’m hard as nails most days.

I’m not sure who is reading my blog out there.  For those who are, Thanks!  For those who are just showing up, look around a bit:  sometimes I pull off a pretty o.k. post.
 
To all of you…I hope to become better friends in the future.

Take care,
Jason            

No comments:

Post a Comment