I could say
- I can't find the spirit to write: I've been a bit depressed (You'd shoot that down, if you had read this)
- I'm too distracted and grumpy to write: I've quit smoking (There will be an upcoming post on this Hell, for sure.)
- I've no time: I'm working out at the gym five nights a week (I wrote about this here)
- I've no time (I know that I've already used this excuse): I've starting walking my dogs again, instead of just letting them run around aimlessly in our back yard. (Luke and Casper could totally bust me on this if they could talk - I've only done this once in the past week).
- I'm taking care of my Inner Child: I got a new video game The Sims Medieval and have had my head crammed in my computer screen (playing, instead of focusing on the three Rs of blogging: Researching, Reading, and wRiting).
So it's all about choice. I guess I've not been prioritizing correctly. And I've slacked a bit.
I try to post at least once a week. And technically, I missed this week by one day. But, ignore those points listed above. As my Mom would have said. "If you are looking for an excuse, any of those is a good one."
So now, I will just leave you with one of my favorite songs from the wry Cheryl Wheeler. This tunes sums up the way I'm feeling today. And the way a lot of us may feel.
Unworthy by Cheryl Wheeler
If you know of another song that expresses the same type of sentiment, please let me know. I will use it the next time I'm goofing and not writing.
Jason AKA The Queer Next Door